[IMPORTANT] Staff Application Guide and Template

Discussion in 'Staff applications' started by Azuraii, Feb 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azuraii

Azuraii Wait, you haven't seen Chef by Jon Favreau?
    Staff Member MODERATOR OWNER ADMIN ARTISAN CHAMPION COMMUNITY ADMINISTRATOR DEVELOPER ELITE ETERNAL IMMORTAL LEGEND REBOOT REGULAR ULTRA VICE MODERATOR

The Guide
    Interested in helping out the RebootMC community and getting involved? Down below are the positions we're currently looking for...

NOTE: If you post on a staff member's wall or bug them on Discord or in-game regarding your application, it will be IMMEDIATELY DENIED.

Developer

Please direct all inquiries regarding a potential Developer position to a member of the Administration.

Moderator / Vice Moderator
    Moderators are our first line of defense against hackers, spammers and trolls. Moderators are expected to keep an eye on players in-game, on the forums, and on Discord, making sure they're following the rules, and play fairly. If this seems like something you'd be interested in, please read the following:

All applicants must be at least 15 years of age, with a deep familiarity with general Minecraft and Factions. We do make rare exceptions for those below the age of 15, but only if you are able to strongly justify why you believe you are capable of moderating our server.

Do not lie about your age! If we discover that you lied about your age, you will be demoted and banned from applying in the future.

We generally prefer users with previous Moderator/Admin experience. Users with real-life experience in teamwork environments are also preferred. However, applicants with no experience may still apply and will be treated fairly.

We ignore all applicants who have current bans on our server or bans that are under six months old since the date of applying.

Applications with poorly written replies or one sentence replies will be denied.

Applications that do not follow the template will be denied.

All applicants need a microphone that they can use to communicate with players/staff on our Discord server. It is your decision to buy a microphone if you do not have one; it does not guarantee you will be accepted as a moderator.

Make the title of your thread "Username - Moderator Application"
    If you have been approved, we may ask for a "Potential Moderator Meeting" over Discord.

Your application will not only be accessed by staff but will also be scrutinized by other forum members. While this gives us an indication of how well you can write we also will be watching in-game to see how you conduct yourself around others. To prevent private information leaks, all applicants have the ability to select text and click "STG" at the top of the thread. Only groups that you select are able to see this information.

The Template

Your name (If you're uncomfortable with sharing your real name, please provide a name you are comfortable with people using to address you or use STG):

Your age:

Your current Minecraft username:

Do you have the ability to record video without lag upload to YouTube?:

What is your country and time zone? (E.g. UK - GMT):

How much time per day are you willing to assist in moderating?:

How long have you been playing Minecraft?:

Do you have any bans on our server? (If so, explain. If you have had a successful ban appeal, please provide a link):

Have you been a member of another community’s staff, or have relevant work experience? If so, please describe your experience. (Be sure to include your position, server name, length of time served, and a link to the community’s website if available):

Why do you want to be a moderator on RebootMC?:

Why do you believe you are qualified to be a moderator on the RebootMC?:

How would you like to see the RebootMC community improve?:

What are 3 qualities you have that you feel you could improve?:

In each scenario, assume that you are in a Moderator position. Briefly explain to the best of your abilities how you would respond to each situation.

1. You are playing a game and you see a player whose actions seem suspiciously like hacking. However, you are not quite certain. What do you do?

2. A player on the forums publicly accuses you of abusing your powers. They claim to have proof and are demanding that you be fired. What do you do?

3. Two players on the Teamspeak are verbally fighting in a public channel with five other people, and things are getting out of hand. What do you do?

4. You are watching the newest video of your favorite Streamer / YouTuber, who happens to be a popular player on the server. Suddenly, you realize they are using a hacked client during the recording. What do you do?

5. A player is incessantly spamming an annoying phrase over and over again. How would you handle this player?

I, {Your Name Here}, accept the responsibilities by donating my own time by watching over the RebootMC Community and agree that the abuse of my powers may result in a demotion and/or permanent removal from the server, forums, and Discord. I also agree that by donating my time I am not entitled to compensation of any form nor am I to expect promotion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.